Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Surgery Day

Well, we made it through today.





Jack is finally recovering in the CICU. Josh and I got to speak with Dr. Dable and he told us that the surgery went really well. All three procedures went great and they accomplished everything they went in to do. There were a few complications that came up during surgery, the most challenging being a heart flutter and severe bleeding. He is still bleeding now but Dr. Dable said that it should slo...w down and eventually stop on its own. As far as the heart flutter goes, he had the same thing during his heart cath and so they are planning to watch his rhythms closely over the next few days and if need be they will put him on medications to balance it out. The good news is that there is no danger that he will need a pacemaker.
Right now he is sleeping and will be for most of the evening and night tonight. They were planning to try to get him off the vent tonight but then his O2 sats never rose and are sitting in the low 70s so Dr. Dable said that he will leave him on the vent until his sats rise to the 80s and that could be Friday or Saturday. Please pray with us that they begin to rise soon.
Overall this was a successful day and we are on the road to recovery. We’re still in a really critical place and its still scary but we continue to trust that God is taking good care of him. We are SO thankful for all of your prayers and sweet words of encouragement today and we ask that you continue to pray just as hard for his sats to rise and for him to have a quick and easy recovery. We just want to see our smiling boy again soon.
We are so thankful to our amazing God for moving this mountain today. He provided us with a miracle and we know that its because God has big plans for our son to do something extraordinary with his life. God has shown up for us time and time again and we just hope that everyone who is following our story sees the hands of God at work in our sweet boy’s little life. God is BIGGER and is able to do more than we can ask or imagine. ALL of the glory be to Him who does provide.

Jeremiah 29:11/Isaiah 40:31/Ephesians 3:20

9 comments:

  1. Adam Keeton N JennaMay 16, 2012 at 7:50 PM

    God is going to make him better, I just know it! You are such a strong person, Crystal. Seeing this picture just breaks my heart & I can't imagine if it was my own child! He's going to be just fine!! He is in God's hand!! Praying for your sweet baby, You & Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know you or your family, but I am praying for your son's speedy and full recovery. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I admit that last night Holly showed me this picture and I about lost it. As a parent I do not know how in the world I would be able to handle this. All I could ask her was, "Is he going to be OK?" Last night I laid there and all I could think about was, "What if this was my child?" "How would I handle this?" God has truly given you and Josh amazing strength to endure this. Baby jack is already a miracle and I believe this story is truly going to touch the lives of many people. I can almost assure you that it already has.

    Holly and I wear our "Prayers for baby Jack" with a lot of pride. I have been asked multiple times what it was for, and just getting the honor to explain Jack's story, not as a crutch but as a testimony, has blessed me so much. We pray for this baby everyday and will continue to do so. But if there is ANYTHING that y'all need, please do not hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an awesome God we serve!! How can we keep from singing his praise??? When I think about last night and how everyone was on fb all night posting prayers and then the news received today!!!! WOW!!! I think it is safe to say Baby Jack is everybody's baby!!!
      Love you Crystal Josh and Baby Jack!!! Misty

      Delete
  4. Just prayed in the name of Jesus that he be healed from whatever is keeping his oxygen so low. I believe God is able and heard my prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be praying deligently for the healing of your precious baby boy. Jesus says he will answer the prayers of those who deligently seek him in prayer. We serve and awesome God!

    My daughter was born on December 30,2011 not to far from Jacks birthdate, so this hits really close to home for me. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. feel better sweet little guy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for Baby Jack he is a Warrior and will come through this in Jesus sweet name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm praying for beautiful Baby Jack as he heals and for you and your husband as you endure all of this day by day. The strength and faith you have each shown throughout this journey is an inspiration to us all. God Bless Each of You!

    Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete